Well, that was close. I was this close to being Jayne again. After working on it for two weeks straight, and all I had to show for it was this.
So: I made this without a pattern, without any previous foam armour knowledge – and, well, I finished something I started.
I got to this point on the second Saturday of work, so I had a week to paint it, and this is where Captain Bork made his customary appearance.
Now, silly me thought that I want to get a high coverage, high pigment paint to use on this. So I went to get some acrylic paint from The Range. Boy was I wrong. So now with a very streaky cosplay, I had 4 days left.
Ok, so after a brain fart, I hit upon a simple truth: use spray paint, genius.
So then we got here, after a but more mucking around.
As in I used a clear automotive lacquer, and it came out cloudy, so I rescued it with a pot of Macragge blue and a damn good brushing, with a tank brush for modelling.
So, without further ado.
So, still to do:
- Make the cloak bigger and better
- A visor to hide my glasses
- Boots to add 4+ inches of height
- Cosmetic surgery on the Mastodon to make it a heavy bolter
- Correct back on torso with cooling system
- Redo the shoulder pads
In the future I will do a proper build log of this bad boy, as I now know how to make a Space Marine Scout.
Or rather “How not to make a Space Marine Scout Cosplay (by an idiot that tried)” as the post(s) will be called.